“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dr. Seuss

So I decided I want to focus on authors sometimes in my posts that have made an impact on me...or inspired me in some way. First of all I want to talk about a man who I honest to God, wish I could've gone inside his head for a day; it just seemed so magical and unique. Then again, he brought the magic to his words didn't he?

Who is he?

Dr. Seuss of course.
I grew up having my mom read me these books. I learned how to rhyme from his wild, charismatic tales. A few favorites were:

  • The Cat in the Hat
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas
  • Green Eggs and Ham
  • Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!
  • Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • The Lorax
  • The Foot Book
  • Fox in Socks
  • One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish
  • Horton Hears a Who!

These stories are timeless and will live in my heart forever. I want to share these unique tales with my children and my students. I'm honestly amazed how this man could create such rhymes...rhymes that honestly could give you a headache if you looked too deeply inside of the page!

Dr. Seuss could create an imaginary world that was so vivid, that you felt as though you were being sucked into the world from the pages...who wouldn't want to live there for a day? He brought the creative words to life, and that's what I truly want to achieve when I write. 

His words will be everlasting and March 2nd will always be his day! I wanted to share some quotes by the man, because they touched my life...and I hope they'll touch yours as well. 
So remember the words; remember the man; remember the magic, imagination, and creativity he shared with us. 
I know I'll always remember him...for he'll always be my inspiration, my hero, and who I'd like to be. I want my stories to live forever. I want them to be remembered. I want children, teens, young adults, adults, and the elderly to read these stories and for words to transform their everyday. To take them to a place where reality no longer exists. 

3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and love it!! I am a huge fan of Dr. Seuss am constantly thinking of ways I can incorporate it into my future elementary school classroom! I love the collection of Seussisms that you shared! Cute blog!


    everdayaem.blogspot.com

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Seuss has got to be one of the smartest men EVER! He had it all figured out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Seuss does colourful fanciful books that are good for children. I always liked them.

    Dr. Russ Murray, BC, Canada

    ReplyDelete