“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Friday, August 26, 2011

The Love of Books

I always say, there are four great passions in my life: Family, friends, writing, and books. Yes, books. I'm obsessed with reading. I am always reading something, or I simply cannot function.
You ask writers what their secret is; they'll look at you and say, "I read. I write. And then I read some more." There you have it. The BIG secret success. I believe it though. Yes, obviously you need to write - that's the only way to get better right? Wrong. Reading will also be a leading factor in it. When you read, you see other styles of writing and see what works, and what doesn't. A habit I truly need to break, is reading in my own genre. I love fantasy fiction...but a writer needs to be well-rounded. I will occasionally read out of my "comfort zone" but I need to do it a lot more frequently.
So everyone... what are you reading as of right now?

I'm reading: The Well-Spoken Thesaurus by Tom Heehler, The Black Dagger Brotherhood: Lover Avenged by J.R Ward, and The Writer's Little Helper by James V. Smith. Jr.

I know that's a lot, but I read them at different times. It honestly just depends my mood I'm in.

And while I still have your attention...well I hope I do, look at these awesome libraries! I always feel like I'm Belle in Beauty and the Beast and would die to step foot in a library like she did, or the ones in these pictures:

 Now that's a lot of books!!

Before I end this post, I want to say thank you for the emails about WWW; I'm so glad I have a group of people who are interested. I would definitely like some more though. I want to create that little writing group that can really net together and help one another.

I created a forum called: WrittenWordWorkshop - so please go register and you can take a peek of what's inside. I'm hoping I can make it look better, hopefully the help of you lovelies.

Thank you & have a fantastic weekend everyone.

-Jess

1 comment:

  1. Reading is so important. I always forget this until I haven't read anything for a while and I'm stuck on something in my writing. Then I'll read a great book, or even a not so great book and it's amazing how much it recharges me and helps me get unstuck. Great post!

    Also...

    Tag! You're it! :)


    ReplyDelete