“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Monday, September 19, 2011

The Daily Development

So I have something called "The Daily D." on my main blog, and it's when a random thought, process, pretty much anything happens in my life that I feel as though I need to share. So here is my Daily D that has been brewing up for the past few days:
I was working on my main novel and it was so exciting. I was pumped, have 70 pages of the backstory done, about 5 chapters where I want them, know how the whole series is going to go, set the 10-plot-process out, etc.

In the midst of writing that novel, all the sudden another idea popped into my head. It isn't as original as my main novel, but it's something interesting. Something that has to do with my past as well. But the amusing thing is: it has absolutely nothing to do with the other novel. So I started writing something else in addition. And already I have four chapters. Whoa. Slow down there self!! I didn't think that idea was even going to go anywhere, and then what do you know, I pop out another process.

This one might be more ethical for a first novel, because it's light easy read that MS or YA readers will love; that being said, I won't forget about my other novel because I hold it dear to my heart. I've been working on it for years now, but recently had decided to really try and publish it. The first novel that I'll call Project FW :), definitely will take time and I'm in no rush to hurry that one. The other project however, I could see myself finishing in a few months which could be exciting.

So what does a writer do? Take the easy road, or go down the narrow road that's unpredictable?

My thought...why choose? I love writing in any shape or form, and I'm never going to dwindle these thoughts that keep rolling around in my mind.

By working on both, can become quite tedious, however, I truly think that writing in general will be a positive aspect in the long run. Even if one goes no where, both goes no where, or they both become best-selling novels, I'll gain what I wanted: writing knowledge, writing practice, writing...writing...just to write.

I'm excited about both and hope I can deliver the second project with a twist. I don't even have a title yet, and don't know a lot of names, places, etc. but that's what's so exciting about it; it's fresh and new and I somewhat like that.

So that's my Daily D. Instead of briskly working on Project FW by it's lonesome, I'm adding a friend to a mix. Just hope it won't be a recipe for disaster!

Yikes!

Here's to writing success :)

Also, is there anyone wanting to become critique partners? If you are interested, please send me an email - here is the address: My Email I'm really looking for the real deal, and if I could get a little group going, that's what I had hoped to achieve with WWW, but it wasn't going where I wanted it to. Needed more people. So if you are wanting a critique buddy who is: kind, but firm and will truly help with the creative process, please get in touch with me.

You should tell me about yourself, and then answer some questions:


  • What is your story about? You can share the query letter if you'd like, or the first 200 words. Or simply just give me a synopsis.
  • What genre are you writing?
  • What age category is this story for? Children's, Picture book, MS, YA, or Adult. 
  • How far along are you on your story?
  • What would you like a critique partner help you to achieve? 
  • What kind of story are you looking to help critique? 
  • What can you offer in a critique partner? 
  • And anything else you'd like to add to the email. 

Thanks friends!

PS: I added some polls on the side. Please take a few minutes to vote! I really need my readers insight.

Have a wonderful Monday!
-Jess

5 comments:

  1. I say if you have two ideas and its easy to get both out at once why not. The whole purpose is that your doing something you enjoy. At the end you can always touch up stuff in each book but having two under your belt will most definatly make you a better writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got lots of writing ahead of you! I really wish I could write well. I love the idea of creating my own world through a story, but I have trouble putting my thoughts into the written word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're pumped to write. Just keep writing because it is what will help you improve your craft. Regardless of whether your manuscript gets published or not, write for the love of writing.

    Blessings on your writing journey! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment! Yes, I'm planning on attending the blogger meetup :) I am really excited to meet other bloggers so I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I really like both your blogs :)
    Eragon series is also one of my favourites!! Eeek!
    The new book is coming out on the 8th of november :)
    Can't wait!! :D

    ReplyDelete