“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Saturday, September 3, 2011

J.K Rowling

 The second author I want to talk about, who has seriously, seriously, impacted not only my life, but helped me want to pursue my dream as a writer is: J.K Rowling.
I have always been the biggest Harry Potter fan, but it wasn't until recently really, that I really looked at this incredible woman, and realized the life she lived defined her.
It was a lifetime movie called: Magic Beyond Words, and that night, well I decided to pursue my dream to be an author. I'm honestly not going to lie - it changed everything. That night I finally knew what I wanted my series to be about. I picked up a notepad, and wrote down the entire backstory: characters, settings, chapters, etc. It was the most incredible moment I think I've lived thus far. A lot of people won't understand that, but hopefully, writer's such as yourself, will.

Joanne, was a single mother, who was basically living on welfare and had nothing. Her mother, who was besides her sister, was her biggest fan. She died of MS (which hit close to home because my step-father past away in April of ALS). The whole time she was going through these hard times, trials, and barriers, she wrote Harry's story. It's so amazing to see the daily concepts of her life being brought into the story and now it makes so much sense.

That's something I truly gained from watching that movie; you don't have to try and search for the right idea, you can look within your past, your life, and it can be shining back to you as simple as a reflection. 


It was that easy, and J.K helped me see that. I think her writing is magical. Simply magical. She is probably hands down, the greatest writer in my opinion. Some might disagree, and that's alright. But I look at what she created. I'm a very creative person, and seeing how she took something such as a wizard, and made Hogwarts...well, it doesn't get more magical than that. She opened the standards for other writers, definitely with fantasy fiction. She pushed and fought her way in, and it's pretty ironic that about 15 publishers weren't interested (bet their kicking themselves now).

She hit rock bottom, and with that became something so brilliant, it was life altering. She is my role-model, and I hope someday I can share talent half as amazing as hers.

Harry Potter changed my life; it was my childhood - the past, it is my present, and it will always be with me as a part of my future. Thank you J.K Rowling for bringing the magic, creativity, and imagination out of all of us.
"Every second he breathed, the smell of the grass, the cool air on his face, was so precious: To think that people had years and years, time to waste, so much time it dragged, and he was clinging to each second." 
"It takes much bravery to stand up to our enemies but we need as much bravery to stand up to our friends." 
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" 
"It is our choices, Harry, that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities." 
"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love." 
"I DON'T CARE!" Harry yelled at them, snatching up a lunascope and throwing it into the fireplace. "I'VE HAD ENOUGH, I'VE SEEN ENOUGH, I WANT OUT, I WANT IT TO END, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!" 
"You do care," said Dumbledore. He had not flinched or made a single move to stop Harry demolishing his office. His expression was calm, almost detached. "You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it." 
"We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already."
— J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter changed my life; it was my childhood - the past, it is my present, and it will always be with me as a part of my future. With this series, it showed me that a person can get through anything. I remember going through some of the hardest times of my life, and this story got me through some dark times. It also showed me that you can touch someone greatly with what you write. I know I've always known that, but she really makes it apparent.

Thank you J.K Rowling for bringing the magic, creativity, and imagination out of all of us.
Who are some of your favorite authors that inspired you to write? Please, do share!
-Jessica 

3 comments:

  1. Really great post. She is such an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her story is so inspiring! What a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Thank you for sharing this which has inspired you- this is incredible.

    ReplyDelete