“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Thursday, September 1, 2011

Literature & Latte - Scrivener

With new changes, new months...comes new products! I was on Twitter last night, and someone asked one of my favorite authors Cassandra Clare, author of the New York Bestselling Series The Mortal Instruments, (which you should all check out if you already haven't) what program she uses when she writes. She actually "tweeted" back and wrote Scrivener.
So I google Scrivener, because I've never heard of this word in my life. I check out the cool site and am instantly hooked. It's for both Mac and Windows (but started out just for Mac). The new one is out: 2.1 and is featured on the site to buy, or in the App store for Mac users.

When I went to the app store, I really wanted to see what authors were saying. And what they were saying...well it got me hooked even further.
They said that all aspiring authors need this program. That it makes such a complete difference in organizing and working through the writing process. So yes. I bought it and installed it.
It helps spread your thought process out, you can pull up other documents, research, have your grammar worked on, etc. The possibilities with this program are endless!
As you know I've been in sort of a "writing funk" another form of writer's block. I just cannot get my words on the paper. Well after buying Scrivener (and watching the tutorial videos and reading the manual because it is confusing at first), I wrote my first chapter. Other scenes. My characters were traced down. Etc. For the first time, I felt as though I'm a real author.
So I'm telling you all now: check out Scrivener!! You may love it. You may hate it. But if you are interested, ask away...because I am one of those who love it :)
Happy September 1st!! - Jessica 

4 comments:

  1. I am fascinated by this! When I was in college I wish we had all these tools.

    www.redsolesandredwine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so interesting. I most definitely need this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely going to look into this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your sweet comment the other day, girl...I never get tired of hearing when someone enjoys my blog.

    Yours is super cute too. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete