“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Remembering You

Today is officially 5 months since my step-father passed away and lost the battle to ALS. It really is hard everyday, but I try to keep going. I just wanted to post a poem in remembrance of him (I didn't write it).
Wish heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again. 
I thought of you today, but that is nothing new.
I thought about you yesterday and days before that too. 
I think of you in silence,
I often speak your name. 
All I have are memories and a picture in a frame. 
Your memory is a keepsake, 
From which I'll never part. 
God has you in his arms. 
I have you in my heart. 
I did however write this poem. It was just thrown together so it's not any good...but it's how I feel and needs to be expressed in this moment.

On My Mind
There isn't a day when you aren't on my mind.
The answers I shall never find.
The missing void in my heart is yet to be filled. 
 I know it never will.
I just wish I could hear your voice again. 
But I know I never will.
I just wish I could embrace you once again.
But I know I never will. 
I know you're in a better place. 
I only wish I could see your face. 
The suffering is finally gone. 
The whole ordeal was just so wrong. 
I know your looking down on me.
However, it's something I won't ever see. 
But I know you're with me. 
Promise me you'll never leave

Now I'm going to go write at a park to just get my mind of sad things. I think writing truly helps me and I'll never stop. My goal is to get a few chapters done today. 

-Jess

2 comments:

  1. That first poem always makes me cry! My mom always posts it on the anniversary of my grandmother/grandfather's death. I'm so sorry for your loss but I'm happy you found poetry to help you get through it!

    Keep writing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete