“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September Setting

When you can paint an imagine in your mind so vividly it brings the picture to life; you can make the setting the same way in your story. I'm always trying to find inspirational pictures - or other items that can help the writing process. But sometimes you need to stop and take a look at what is happening around you. 

My favorite time of the year is upon us: autumn. I love the fall; it's so beautiful, the air is crisp, the leaves are changing. You have amazing food, fun and exciting holidays and more! What's not to love I ask you? 

But if you can look at something and create a story from it...then I truly think you have a gift. I saw these pictures and I feel as though I could write a story for each one of them or a poem. 

Give it a try!! Let your imagination take you to that world....
How cool is this picture? I love it. 
What inspires you to get your thinking mind a rolling?? Is it a picture? Time of the month? People? Music? A good movie? What!

On another note, I rearranged my room and made a little...well, "nook" area where I put my table top & laptop. I love those cozy little places that you can find.

*A progress report: the story is coming along nicely. I have a few chapters done, and they are pretty darn good if I do say so myself! I might start posting some quotes from my story, so everyone can receive a small glimpse of what is going on. If you'd be interested in that, let me know!

Enjoy your day!

-Jess 

5 comments:

  1. I love the fall too! I adore sitting on the veranda with a blanket, research and either a composition notebook or my laptop. It's the perfect time of year to write. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall--the best season of all!

    Sounds like you're making good progress on your story! Big fan of "nooks" myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fall. I can't wait for it to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME pictures! Fall is such a gorgeous season. :) I think all of those things have and do inspire me and get my mind rolling. Sometimes it can be as simple as a scent.

    Love that necklace in your post after this one! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete