“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Monday, October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo

So have you all heard of National Novel Writing Month? I was told about this from author Ally Condie and a local bookstore here in Utah. They said it's a great way for beginning authors to really set some guidelines and get down to writing business. It's no surprise that this month I haven't written as much as I had hoped, but I just realize that NaNoWrMo officially starts November 1st...less than 6 hours. I think I'm going to do it. Except I worry sometimes; they want you to start from scratch, but part of me really wants to use the one novel that I've been working on so hard. I feel like something random that I come up with wont  be the real deal in my eyes...then again, it's probably just the goal of completing 50,000 words in a month. And I probably want to put the time and real effort/editing into my main novel. This will be so cool if I can finish it, but there goes my social life eh eh? I also feel like lately has been so stressful, so I'm sucked dry of all my creative ideas. I don't even know what I would write about!!

Is anyone else going to do this? If so, we should help each other because I still don't really understand NaNo and need some tips etc.

Let me know people! And HAPPY HALLOWEEN by the way.

7 comments:

  1. I'm doing it!! I would be shocked if I made it to 50k, but it's worth a try! And it isnt cheating if you work on a book you already have started! I say go for it!

    Find me on NaNoWriMo site! My name is BeingTheWriter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing NaNo for the first time this year. My username is KathyHS87 if you want to be writing buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck if you decide to do it! I will not be because college consumes my life.

    I gave you two blog awards, btw! :D

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok I added both of you! And aww Ash thanks hun! I'm coming to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not doing it, but I say go with your current WIP and just finish it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. im going to attempt it. I'm slow at reading and writing so we'll see how it goes. Good luck let me know if you need any help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the advice!! And Diane, where are you on there?? I want to be "writing buddies"

    PS: I need to email you back! Sorry it's been FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete