“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Saturday, October 1, 2011

Two is Not Better Than One!

Well as you know from this blog, I've started two projects:

  • Project FW
  • Project E. 
Project E came up randomly and it was really fun working on that! Except all the sudden I realized it's too similar to novels that are already out. That's something I wanted to do apparently differently when writing. I have my own mind. My own story. I'm creative - so I need to relish in that fact! I need to respect it. 

I thought to myself that I'm taking the easy way out. I hit a wall with Project FW, but I need to go back to it. I believe it's so hard for me to write, because it's never been done before. It's unique. It's exactly what I wanted. It's the story that could possibly get me published. 

With that being said, yes, I hit walls with it. I need to expand the norm and when something doesn't seem right, I really need to stop and revaluate what I'm writing. 

I'm critiquing with some others, and their ideas are so brilliant that I realized I need to finish this story of mine. No putting it off to the side. I can change and make Project E awesome as well, but Project FW needs to be completed. 

I need to tell myself that I'm in no rush. Writing a novel is a lengthy process. That's the point. I don't want to hurry and just get it out...because I can assure myself that no one will want it if I do. 

I rewrote my prologue last night, and I'm already feeling better about it. I do need some help and that's why it will be awesome working with others; the brainstorming, the writing process, the suggestions, the nit-picking, and the critiquing is what I'm looking forward to. 

This is what I want to do and I want to do it right. 

Anyways, I hope you all have an amazing weekend and make sure you check out my main blog: Live Laugh Love!

If you are still interested in exchanging work, let me know!! I love working with you other brilliant writers. And I have a lot to offer as well. 

Welcome October by the way!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I'm working on a new project myself that really gives me the idea that it will be publishable because it isn't a story I see told very much. And when you get stuck...sometimes you need to throw a wrench in the mix! Unexpected appearance of another person? Unexpected romance? A death of another character? Even if you end up removing it later, it can kick start your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog. It's fantastic. Can't wait to check out your other one.

    Good luck with your project.

    Critique groups are awesome.

    A book that I found TOTALLY awesome in helping me really nail the planning of my story was "STORY" by Robert McKee. Definitely worth checking out.

    Keep having fun. It's what writing is all about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I know that feeling! I'm kinda in the same situation, only I'm working on the less unique one just becasue I need time and distance from the more exciting one. I want to be able to go back it fully committed, and make it the best novel I can. With the current state of things, that's just not possible. I hope you figure everything out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Project E has a good muse flowing, I say go with that. It might help you get into a better writing frame of mind for FW, too.

    But in either case, good luck with both stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Linda, if Project E is truly a story that you want to tell and that you feel inspired with, write it! Sometimes working on a project that you feel truly inspired with can help your writing, and it might give you a leg up for Project FW. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete