“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Monday, November 21, 2011

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

Lately I've been really missing my step-father. I haven't done so well with writing as of late either, and I'm not so sure. I'm also not sure I'm going to accomplish my goal for the NaNoWriMo...so I'm sorry I haven't posted in such a long time with an update. There might still be hope, but I'm not sure!

Maybe it's because it's the holidays...but I found the song that is in the Phantom of the Opera: Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again. These are the lyrics to the beautiful song:

You were once my one companionYou were all that matteredYou were once a friend and fatherThen my world was shatteredWishing you were somehow here againWishing you were somehow nearSometimes it seemed if I just dreamedSomehow you would be here

Wishing I could hear your voice againKnowing that I never wouldDreaming of you won't help me to doAll that you dreamed I couldPassing bells and sculpted angelsCold and monumental seem, for you the wrong companionsYou were warm and gentle

Too many years fighting back tearsWhy can't the past just die?Wishing you were somehow here againKnowing we must say, "Goodbye"Try to forgive, teach me to liveGive me the strength to tryNo more memories, no more silent tearsNo more gazing across the wasted yearsHelp me say, "Goodbye"Help me say, "Goodbye"

2 comments: