“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Friday, March 16, 2012

The Daily D.

Well Happy Friday readers!

Um, may I just add, that I simply adore your comments? I just love all my writing buddies because you all give such good ideas (especially on my ideas post), which I really appreciate.

So I realized I haven't done "The Daily Development," in quite some time, and what better day to do it? You'll see why!
After my last post, I went on and on about trying to be inspired in finding the "right" idea for my new children's book. Well everyone, drumroll please... *dum dum dum* (that's not how a drum sounds, excuse me), but by-George-I-think-I've-Got-it!!

The idea for this novel just came to me, just like you all said it would. A lot of it came from looking into my childhood, and reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl (one of my favorites, might do a post about him sometime soon - stay tuned). For some reason, it just hit me like a ton of bricks. 

I immediately grabbed a pen and my notepad and started writing ideas, an outline if you will. 

Then I started writing...and writing...and writing. Don't you love that flow? I know I do. The only thing that sucks about it, is your hand gets tired, and you write slower than the ideas are pouring out (that's when a computer comes in handy). But for some reason, I love seeing my ideas and first few pages all over real paper. Makes me happy to be a writer. 

I don't want to explain too much, because I'm still working out the kinks and the concrete details about this. I keep changing things, but that's a wonderful thing to do. 

But I will do a little preview of pictures that go along with the foundation of the story. It won't be enough, but a wee-bit.
Have a wonderful weekend!
I'll let you know more soon. 

5 comments:

  1. I am glad the light bulb flickered into life for you and if the pictures are anything to go by I will love reading what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE when the words just flow! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! A little inspiration goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This great inspiring picture makes me inspired...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when the words just flow from the mind right onto the page. Great writing days like that are hard to come by for me!

    Thanks for your comment on my Insta snippets post. Aw thanks, that dress is from Belk... I got it last year on sale for $10!

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete