“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Tuesday, March 27, 2012

To the Big Screen and Newly Arrived

Well lets hear it, who went to The Hunger Games?? Anyone anyone? I did go to the midnight premiere and....absolutely loved it! Yes, there were some changes, but what book that has been made into a movie, hasn't been changed slightly? Or altered in a way? It's the big changes that usually infuriates me, and luckily, there were none of these moments!! I thought Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss took over the screen, and really became the character. It was brilliant.
Of course I loved the other characters as well!! Peeta (Josh), Gale, (Liam), then we have Cinna, Effie, Haymitch, and of course, Rue. I thought all the characters and the games were done really well. I was a little worried how they would do it on the screen. 
I cannot wait for Catching Fire! However, I was disappointed in Mockingjay, but that's alright. Suzanne Collins saw it how she wanted it to be done, and did it. I thought in the end of that book, it was almost like fate's vicious circle took control: Prim was always supposed to die at that time, or at least go into the Games, but Katniss needed to put a stop to it. 

I just loved Suzanne's writing skills; I feel like anyone could understand the message she was trying to convey, and the words were simple, yet powerful. I am very happy she helped with the screenplay for the movie...you could definitely tell!

On another note, I am so happy that Lover Reborn came out today!! 
This is part of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward, and is adult fiction. I absolutely love it! Sometimes it's nice to move away from reading all the children's books and YA novels. I need something sultry and different every once in a while. 

Could I write it? HA! Maybe....not...no, I think I'll stick with children/YA novels, but it's my guilty pleasure and I think J.R. Ward is amazing! She's so cool and has a Golden Retriever so I like her even more!! You definitely feel the emotion she tries to convey in her stories and it feels like time is really moving in her books as it focuses on each individual character. This is the 10th book in the series. They are:
  1. Dark Lover
  2. Lover Eternal
  3. Lover Awakened (all time favorite)
  4. Lover Revealed 
  5. Lover Unbound 
  6. Lover Enshrined 
  7. Lover Avenged
  8. Lover Mine
  9. Lover Unleashed 
There is however, a short novella called Father Mine, which goes along with the characters of my favorite one, Lover Awakened. I recommend these books!!

My cousin told me about a book that is really good that is also for adults, which is called 50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I just downloaded on my kindle, but I know nothing about the book, other than apparently it's very popular right now! SO, I'll check it out when I'm finished with Lover Reborn

Don't worry, I have been writing. Not as much as I would like to, but been doing outlines, free-writing, and other stuff with my characters which I think is definitely progress. Anyways, best wishes and happy writing!!

Goodnight! 

2 comments:

  1. Not to skip the rest of the post but I thought the movie was a terrible depiction of the books, which in contrast were clearly painted and beautifully written. We gotta give the movie some leeway because they can't really get inside Katnis' head and shown what she thinks or feels.
    Anyway I enjoyed Collins writing (+style) more then the movie.
    Btw btw if I would like the black dagger brotherhood series IF I could rewrite them and keep some charters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Do you usuallyutilize online social websites?

    ReplyDelete