“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Thursday, August 2, 2012

I Lied...But...

Ok, so I said in my last post, "Jess is back." Well, that was two months ago, and here I am. But I have a good reason for not blogging. I have been in Grad School for a new Montessori Innovation Program at Westminster College. I'm furthering my education in teaching, so blogging is something I haven't been able to do as much as I would like...as well as writing. But you'll be proud of me; I've been writing on the side a lot, especially as of lately.

My one professor said we need time to "Reflect" daily. It was our homework to refresh and take time for ourself. So what did I do? I wrote. A lot of it was short stories here and there. I wasn't working on my main series because I wanted to practice writing skills. I've gotten rusty, especially because I haven't been able to read as much as I've wanted to lately!

But truly, this program was amazing, and I have been writing...papers in APA style that is. A LOT of them. Wow. It's so nice to just carelessly write when I'm relaxing. But I must say, even though it was in essay format, it still helped me with grammar and writing skills I may have forgotten. So it wasn't a total damper this summer on writing.

Here is a picture of my Early Childhood group:
Their my girls! Friends forever now. I've learned so much, but writing is part of my life and always will be. I'll never stop. I know one day my stories will make their way to the public, but how long that will be, I'm not sure. It has to be the right story. I'm not going to hurry the process. But writing everyday (a goal I keep breaking), is something I'm going to do my very best on. Just will be hard when I start teaching full-time in the fall.

But these are two of my dreams, and as one is coming true, I'm about to make the other one as a published author come true as well.

Send good vibes friends. Hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment