“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Goal

Hello everyone! How are we doing this lovely Saturday? I am feeling great; went on a run with my boyfriend around the beautiful Sugar House Park, and then came home and had some delicious oatmeal with fresh cut strawberries sprinkled on top, now I'm writing this! Been a great day so far. I love going to Sugar House Park; if you look back at some of my older posts, I used to write there weekly. I need to start going back to write there. There is a beautiful creek that runs through it, and I love to sit in the shady area with a lot of trees. Very peaceful and perfect for getting your thoughts down on paper.

So I titled this post as "My Goal," and it's a rather big goal, so I should get to it. As a lot of you may know, WriteOnCon is going to be next week (I have a countdown on the right of the blog).
I'm so excited, but at the same time, I was a little down about it. Last year at this time, I wasn't done with this story either, and I told myself that by next WriteOnCon, I'd be done...well I'm not. Sadly. So what I'm going to do is gain a lot of writing knowledge during WriteOnCon and meet some write writers (just like yourselves). There is something else that I like which is called: NaNoWriMo.
I'm sure most of you have heard about it, but basically your write a novel in a month, the month of November. My goal last year was to work on my Project CM, but I didn't need to finish it because I didn't want to just "hurry" it through. However, this year...this is the goal:

I'M GOING TO FINISH THE FIRST DRAFT OF PROJECT CM BY THE END OF NaNoWriMo. 

That's not too farfetched of a goal, and I think it would be nice to give myself some deadlines. I actually hope by that time, I'll be done with the first draft, and far into editing. I want to be able to send some Queries in next year (you never know by the next WriteOnCon), and see where it goes from there.

It feels great to make this goal; can be a little scary if I think too far ahead, but in reality, it's really a good thing and it's exciting. This story means the world to me. I have given it everything I am and really expanded my mind. So I want it to be perfect, to me. But making this goal makes me actually feel like I'm on top of the world...I can fly. The story is mine and mine alone. I know I can do wondrous things with it. And I will.
 Have a great Saturday! Write lots :) I am.

8 comments:

  1. I struggle with goals, too. For sure. I think yours sound great, and totally attainable. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate it!! It's hard sometimes to maintain them, however, if you have enough willpower (which I do in this situation), then I believe we can make anything happen.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your goal!! You can totally do it!

    Also, you've been tagged in the Be Inspired Bloghop Meme! Info on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found you via Write On Con - I had to follow a fellow Utahn :) Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I love meeting other people from Utah! This is great. Nice to meet you.

      Delete