“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Monday, August 6, 2012

Project CM Back in Action!

I am SO pleased that yesterday, I wrote for four hours straight, and it wasn't just practice on "writing creatively." It was on a project that I've been working on for over a year now. I couldn't stop writing. Sure it's messy and it's not even close to perfect, but the flow was what counted. Editing after no doubt. But I'm just so thrilled that I was on a roll. I had to go to a family BBQ, and I love my family, but don't get me wrong, I was bummed I had to stop writing.

This project is really dear to my heart, and I haven't been able to work on it for some time now because it just sounded completely forced. So I was waiting to be in the flow again so it would just come to me. It took almost 6 months for that to happen, so that's why I'm so excited. Right after I post this post, I'm going to continue on Project CM :) I'll keep posting on how it's going.

Keep your fingers crossed that the flow will continue. I have two weeks until I start my job and school up again, so I'm taking full advantage of this!

WRITE ON.

14 comments:

  1. There's nothing better than having one of those days when something clicks and the words just come. :) Four hours of writing straight is *amazing*. I hope it continues to go well!

    PS--speaking of "WRITE ON," are you going to be a WriteOnCon? I feel like that might be where I met you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so!! I was last year, but didn't finish my goal :( Unfortunately. Going for round two this year. I'm going to work on this project straight!!

      Delete
  2. Good for you! It feels good to purge some words on a project that has gone stale. I'm crossing my fingers for you that it continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it feels so good! Thank you, I appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jessie.
    Thanks for the follow. I'll try to drop by your blog more often, too, and see how you're coming along on your big projects. (Contact me if you want to chat about either thing. I teach jr. high, not kindergarten, but I've been teaching for 25 years, so I may be able to help you with some things, or if you decide to self-publish anything.) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely!! Can I find your email address on your page?? That's so great. Definitely an inspiration of mine :) Hope all is well.

      Delete
  4. Hooray for the "flow"! :) I LOVE it when that happens; keep it going! Is this a novel? Genre? Good luck, and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Lo Hi!! I know I LOVE it too. It's amazing. It is a novel; trilogy I believe at this point. It's YA Fantasy Fiction. I'm so excited. Something I've been working on for almost two years now.

      I'll definitely keep you all posted! :)

      Delete
  5. I love is when that happens! Fingers crossed it continues for you! Thanks for stopping by my blog....I'm glad to have found yours! *new follower* Can't wait to hear how Project CM continues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!! Thanks for following hun; I'm now following as well. Nice to meet you :) I'll definitely keep everyone updated (going to try to daily).

      Delete
  6. *High five* for the flow of words. Have to take full advantage of those moments when you feel inspired and I do believe that editing later on gives you the most freedom to write without inhibition.

    And, yes, write on!! ;)

    Best of luck with your project, Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, too bad I have a bad habit of editing AS I write sometimes...yikes.

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. It's wonderful when writing comes easy. If I were you, I'd take advantage of the creativity and the free time. Write until your fingers fall off and then write some more. Enjoy, and please keep us updated as to how CM goes:)
    Thanks for stopping by Ink in the Book. I'm following you *waves as you look to see who's behind you*
    Talynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the advice, and I'll definitely write till my fingers fall off ;) Yay! I'm glad you're now following. Thank you. Nice to meet you Talynn!

      Delete