“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The World of Shadowhunters

Who here has read the YA fantasy fiction series The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare?

Well I have. And I love it. I read the series way back when, and was thrilled when she decided to extend the trilogy to six books. She also has done The Infernal Devices which are seriously beautiful and she captures the Victorian Period so wonderfully.

I'm excited because of a few things:
  1. They are officially making The Mortal Instruments into a movie. The first movie will be called: City of Bones. I wasn't sure if they were actually going to do it...but they are. I love Lily Collins as Clary Fray. I just do. I still really don't know how I feel about Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace Wayland...Jace is one of my BIGGEST fictional crushes out there, and I really wanted Alex Pettyfer. But he declined and Jamie really wanted it...so we'll see how it goes. I just hope he gets more buff and doesn't look so...girly. Simon is a cutie, so I'm glad about that; Alec will be great (loved him in Air Bud); also not sure about Isabelle. I thought Megan Fox would've been perfect for the role, but like I said, we'll just see. Here is the main movie website HERE. If you're big fans, such as myself, you can get all the information there. Here is the first official photo of the main five: 
Simon, Jace, Clary, Alec, Isabelle 
Valentine 
Cannot wait for it to come out in 2013!!

   2. Secondly, the cover for the last Infernal Devices finally came out...and it's..well, BEAUTIFUL:
Beautiful. 
I have nothing other to really write about, other than how much I love Cassandra Clare's writing. She has such a wonderful advice area for writers on her blog as well which I have found useful.

She is just so clever. We've seen vampires, werewolves, fairies, etc. yet she captured it in such a unique way that I really admire. Shadowhunters are so different and I really sometimes wish I could come up with something of that sort. I'm pretty sure my idea hasn't been seen yet for FW, but I don't know overall how unique it truly is. Not that I'm second guessing my work, just thinking out loud :)

I'm going to write tonight; trying to make time. Doing my best. 

Hope you're all doing well. Sorry for the quick post, just had to share my excitement!

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I guess I need to finish the books. I wasn't sure after I finished the second one(?) I may not have actually read that one... Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE Cassandra Clare and all her books. Completely obsessed. I think Jamie is going to be great as Jace but I was disappointed with whom they cast for Alec (I can't get his character in Gossip Girl out of my head). And Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Valentine? um YES. He's going to be SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that is awesome news! I'll look forward to the movie. And, yeah, her covers are AMAZING!!! Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for the movie - I really hope it does justice to the books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That IS exciting news!

    Just found your blog... I'm a fellow writer hoping to break into the publishing world one day! And I'm also you're newest follower! I can't wait to hear more from you!

    What's in a Name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE these books!!! Is it bad that I was team Simon? I mean, Jace had that hot, brooding thing going on but I always thought Simon was the one who ALWAYS had Clary's back (plus so far he's been cast cuter). I'm not sure how Jamie Campbell Bower will pull off Jace but Im keeping an open mind about it. Alex Pettyfer would have been great! Ah well. Looks like Il just have to watch Magic Mike 500 more times to get my Alex Pettyfer fix!

    ReplyDelete