“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Saturday, January 12, 2013

I Did It!

First of all, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and NYE! I know I did!

Secondly, I never wrote about how NaNoWriMo concluded. After a month of nonstop writing, I finally accomplished my goal! I finished with: 51,647 words! Yes!! However, when I was trying to send the word count in...the clock was ticking and I believe I turned it in when a bunch of others were...because it wouldn't send. The computer said "error" and when I refreshed the page...the contest was over. I was devastated because I wouldn't be recognized as finishing my work. But then I got over the "materialistic" thought, and was immensely proud of myself. The only person I needed to prove anything to, was myself. And I did. I'm so proud. It shows you how hard work, complete focus, and determination pays off. Now what? Well it helped me get further on my book, but I'm still tweaking the first draft. And in doing so, I got another idea for a middle grade book and a children's book. Working with children everyday shows me how much I would love to write something for them. I always make stories up on the spot for my students, and they love them. One little girl told me to tell the story again. Good thing I had remembered most of it! I had to hurry and write it down. I realized when you're not attempting to force an idea to come into mind, many will come when you least expect it. Even in my dreams I receive brilliant ideas!! It's so motivating. For the new year, I know I'll be busy with work and school, but I truly want to focus on my writing. It's my goal for 2013!

So that's a little bit of what's going on in my writing world! How did others in the NaNoWriMo do? How is your writing going? How do you eat ideas of what to do next? Please do share!!

Take care!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! :) I kind of bombed out of NaNo, but I think I'm okay with that. I did manage to get a bunch written on my WIP, so that's making me happy. I'm so proud of all of you who managed to hit (or surpass!) that 50K mark. :)

    ReplyDelete