“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Saturday, February 16, 2013

Going Back

So I've been really bad at writing lately. I know why. Trying to work on it, but life truly takes over. Last night u watched a video blog of myself almost a year and a half ago about the idea I had for my novel. Seeing my excitement made me feel that excitement for the story all over again. So I started writing again and couldn't stop. It's funny when something like that inspires you all over again. I don't know how authors keep at it...then again it becomes their full time job so that's understandable enough. But I cannot always write only when I find inspiration. I need to find the time.

I have been reading more (on a side note). The more you read, the better of a writer you will be. Stephen King stated that in his book On Writing.

I need to stick with it. I've begun to think of new ideas for children's books again too! I see my students and the excitement they have every time they book up a book and it makes me smile. I would love to create a book for them.

Life cannot cloud your dreams. Challenge you, maybe, but the dream should be in action and we should fight for it.

2 comments:

  1. So true! I've been so overwhelmed lately and so caught up in my own head that's it been difficult to stay focused, but overcoming the "life happens" excuse is so important for our writing selves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I've been so overwhelmed lately and so caught up in my own head that's it been difficult to stay focused, but overcoming the "life happens" excuse is so important for our writing selves

      Delete