“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring is My Writing Inspiration

Picture of the beautiful mountains I live on - such a beautiful day today! 
Spring is one of my favorite seasons, besides fall of course. You want to know why? Because a) my birthday is in May and b) it's when I write the most. I love going to Sugar House Park to write. I started doing that last year and it became my ritual. There is something about the rebirth, regrowth, of everything that is so inspirational. Trees coming full of blossoms, seeds growing into wondrous things, baby animals being born, birds singing their songs. Awe, I just love it. 

I know big things will happen this spring as well. I can feel it in my bones. 

As for my WIP, it's coming along. I think I've found a critique group so I'm really excited about that. And I made a goal to finish the first draft in the next few weeks! I'm going to Washington, D.C. for the first time in two weeks, and I know I'll be inspired there. So I'm actually going to do a lot of writing while I'm there, especially because it'll be spring there as well! Cherry Blossoms everywhere to be exact! The festival starts the day I arrive. *sigh* I cannot wait.
Do certain seasons inspire you more? Where do you go to write?
Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

  1. DC in the spring. How fun. I've only been once, and it was at Christmastime. Nice, of course, and no humidity. But no cherry blossoms either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the seasons definitely inspire me. I love those inbetween seasons best, when I'm over one season and am ready for the next and I start to see signs of change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whаt's up everyone, it's my fігst paу a quick viѕit аt this websіte, аnd рiecе оf writing is
    truly fruіtful in ѕuρport of mе, κeep up pоsting thesе tуpеs of cоntent.


    Heге iѕ my blog :: Phuengnang Homestay Bangkok

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ӏt's an amazing paragraph in support of all the internet users; they will get advantage from it I am sure.

    My website: moving company long distance Glendale CA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy early birthday and hope the writing is going well.

    ReplyDelete