“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Wednesday, July 31, 2013

It Hits Again

Well I've practically disappeared once again for a very long time...but I'm back. This last year was one of try busiest years of my life. I went through an amazing Montessori program and am now a licensed teacher, found an amazing teaching job at a wonderful school, I'm in the process if receiving my Master's of Education Degree, etc. just a lot. This summer I have done summer school but for the first time, in a very long time, I've traveled a ton. I've been to Disneyland, Boston and a lot of coastal towns, Idaho, and now will be going to San Diego in a week. I needed to re-fuel before the new school year begins. But on these journeys, I wrote. I left writing behind sadly and not because I wanted to, but because for the life of me I didn't have time. Not even free time to read. Serious problem right there! When I was in the small coastal towns with the beautiful lighthouses, I was hit once again with inspiration. So I went back to The One story I've been working in for two years. Sometimes I get so frustrated with it; sometimes I want to just throw it away and be done with it; but then I go on these trips and feel that inspiration and I almost want to hug the words. It's a comfort and I know it's something special. Maybe that's why it aggravates me so greatly... I want it to be perfect. But I realized I just need to finish it and write. Be me. The editing will come after. A lot of books have come out somewhat similar more and more with time. It makes me sad because I never was "following the trend," but then I know that this book is different. I haven't seen anything quite like it. That also hits me with that same inspiration.

Anyway, I'm back. I'll write when I can, that's my promise. What have you all been up to? What are you writing? What inspires you? I miss talking to you all. 

Take care! 

6 comments:

  1. You have had a busy summer, haven't you? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for inspiration and getting back to writing! It sounds like you've been having a busy but AWESOME summer. So envious! Those pics are just gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for inspiration and traveling. It sounds like you are having a great summer, Jessica. Just take the time to enjoy it. Don't worry too much about the not writing/reading/editing stuff. That will always be there. Congrats on the master's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, hello Jessica! I serendipitously stumbled upon your blog and it sounds like we are on very similar journeys. Congratulations on all of your achievements, and best of luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete