“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."


Saturday, October 31, 2015

Officially November 1st

It's now officially November 1st. 

Do you know what that means?

I do. I do....

It's officially NaNoWriMo!

AH!


I made a goal that I was going to do it again. And I am. I'm going to be writing a Children's fiction novel or MG fiction novel. Haven't decided - most likely MG, which is a part of Children's genre. 

This is big for me. 

I always wanted to do YA, but the longer I work with children at a school, the more I want to write for them. 

And, being a kid at heart, through the children, I'm able to re-visit the magical worlds I grew up in. I've started to go back and re-read all the oldies, but goodies that I grew up with. It's so inspirational, especially Roald Dahl. I forget every time what an amazing storyteller he was. I feel like someone is telling me a story, a look into a most clever imagination, instead of reading words on a page. 

I want to do that. 

And I will. 

So here I go, I start today. 

If you are going to enter NaNoWriMo this year, please let me know. I love having writing buddies and support along the way. 

We can do this! 

Happy Writing,

Jess 

No comments:

Post a Comment